Sunday 27 May 2012

Review: Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble


Title: Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble (Jolie Wilkins ~ Book 1)
Author: H.P. Mallory
Publication Date: July 2 2010
Publisher: Self Published
ISBN: 1470088282
Length: 304 Pages
Link to SynopsisGoodreads
Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Buy ItAmazon US / Amazon UK

My Rating: 5 Stars

This book had me from the first sentence "It's not every day you see a ghost." I honestly read this book in less then a day and found myself unable to put it down. I had to stop to make and eat Tea and couldn't stop thinking about going back to reading it.

This is the first book by HP Mallory that I have read and I must say I found it highly enjoyable and I will be reading her other books without a doubt. In fact I can not wait to start Toil and Trouble which is the next in the Jolie Wilkins Series.

A few lukewarm reviews I have found are because they say there is too much mention of sex in the book. This is a Paranormal Romance book, I would be disappointed if it didn't mention sex. I found the level of sexual tension in this book at just the right amount to be honest and wouldn't sway anybody away from reading it. Except of course if you are a prude or can't read about somebody being sexually attracted to other people.

But if you would like a great fun read then start this book today. It has romance, danger, fantasy and I found myself smiling many, many times while reading.

Now I am off to start the next one...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )