Sunday 24 June 2012

Review: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Title: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Author: Stieg Larsson
Publication Date: September 16 2008
Publisher: Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group
ISBN: 030726975
Length: 465 Pages
Link to SynopsisGoodreads
Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Buy ItAmazon US / Amazon UK

My Rating: 3 Stars

Started slow, picked up a bit, went slow again, picked up a bit again and then went slow again.  This is in a nutshell was how I felt about this book.  It is an odd thing to say that a book is 'heavy' but that is exactly how it it can be described and no I am not referring to it's physical size.  I really had to push myself to finish it because there were just so many words.  I know, I know... it's a book of course there are words but not normally this many words.  Pointless words that could easily be cut out. Not sure if I will be reading The Girl Who Played with Fire to be honest.

However, I would strongly suggest this to anybody who enjoys crime thrillers with very detailed descriptions of every last tiny detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )