Sunday 21 October 2012

Book Blogger Spotlight: Cuddlebuggery


Cuddlebuggery


When and why did you become a book blogger?

Kat Kennedy: We're bookbloggers? I thought we were trying to take over the world?

Stephanie Sinclair:  We are taking over the world. One book at a time.

Kat Kennedy:  Good point.  Okay, we wanted to become bloggers so we could win the hearts and minds of our future peasants.

Stephanie Sinclair:  Bow before us, peasants!

How did you come up with the name of your blog?

Stephanie Sinclair:  I actually have no idea what Cuddlebuggery means. Bugs like cuddles?

Kat Kennedy: Very, very special cuddles.  Like what I do to Steph when nobody is looking.

Stephanie Sinclair:  So now you're a bug. That's kinda something you mention on the first date, Kat!

Kat Kennedy:  My bad.  You'll still cuddlebuggery with me though, right?

What is your favorite thing about blogging?

Kat Kennedy: The love and admiration of all my peasants readers.

Stephanie Sinclair:  I just love it when Kat works me like an Egyptian slave. Really gets my blood going.

Kat Kennedy: I love working Steph like an Egyptian slave.  And all the authors we get to torture.

Stephanie Sinclair:  And books. Those fit in there somewhere too.

Kat Kennedy:  Books?

What do you find the hardest about blogging?

Kat Kennedy:  When Steph works me like an Egyptian slave

Stephanie Sinclair:  Oh, do I get to play the master now? Don't forget the safe word this time!

Kat Kennedy: We should probably answer these questions seriously and say something appropriate.  Like, "Educating all the little boys and girls in the fine art of literary criticism."  But truthfully - for me it's coming up with new dick jokes.  You'd think there'd be more of them…

Stephanie Sinclair:  Dicks. Dicks everywhere.

Kat Kennedy: trufax

Does your blog participate in any weekly features and if so which is your favorite?

Stephanie Sinclair: No, because we are lazy and can't schedule our way out of a brown paper bag.

Kat Kennedy: Weekly features?  You mean ORGANIZE something?  I dunno, Steph.  Want to get drunk and dance naked instead?

Stephanie Sinclair:  This. This is why I love you.

What has been your favorite moment since you became a book blogger?

Kat Kennedy: My favourite moment is when we first started working together and I realized that Steph was my eternal blogmate.

Stephanie Sinclair:  wipes tear And only after avoiding me for a solid month.

Kat Kennedy: you are never letting that go...

Stephanie Sinclair: not on your life

What kind of genres do you enjoy reading and reviewing the most?

Kat Kennedy: I don't particularly like "genres" per se. More like a lot of death and sexy times.  I'm a simple creature.

Stephanie Sinclair: I like YA high fantasy because I like swords. A lot.

Kat Kennedy: Specifically, you like hitting things with big swords.  Kind of phallic, doncha think?

Stephanie Sinclair:  You have me pegged!

Kat Kennedy: More like skewered

What is your favorite individual book or series? What makes you love it so much?

Stephanie Sinclair: Harry Potter is so cliche, so I'm going with... Harry Potter!

Kat Kennedy: Bwhahaha.  Predictable - but then, I know you're going to immediately pick what I'll say.

Stephanie Sinclair:  And I like cause it's awesome.  Kat likes anything by Melina Marchetta. She'd read her grocery list and think it was "god's touched." <--- Did you see what I did there?

Kat Kennedy: LOL!  Yes! We know each other too well!

Who is your favorite fictional male character, why and from what book or series are they from?

Kat Kennedy: Barrons from the Fever series.  Because he kicks a lot of butt?!  And he has a magical penis.

Stephanie Sinclair:  Hmmm... right now the first male character that pops in my mind is The Darkling from Shadow and Bone from Leigh Bardugo. That's mainly because I can't seem to get this image out of my mind.


Kat Kennedy: Steph!  Now I have to take a cold shower!  I've warned you about this!

Stephanie Sinclair:  I regret nothing.

Who is your favorite fictional female character, why and from what book or series are they from?

Kat Kennedy: Mac - also from the Fever series. Because without someone like her, Barrons would have sucked so bad and I would have hated him.

Stephanie Sinclair:  I'd choose Sailor Moon from the manga. I fell in love with her character as a young girl and since I can still pass for a middle schooler, it's fitting for me.

Kat Kennedy: Sailormoon is so awesome.

Stephanie Sinclair:  The only Mary Sue I will ever truly love.

Kat Kennedy: Let's dress up as Sailor scouts and go to comicon next year!

Stephanie Sinclair: YES! Neptune and Uranus!

Kat Kennedy: Oh!  I knew you would choose those two, you saucy minx!

Who are your favorite three authors and why?

Kat Kennedy: We can only choose THREE?!

Stephanie Sinclair:  The Queen: J.K. Rowling, Joanne Katherine Rowling and Jo Rowling. Oh, wait...

Kat Kennedy: Your girlcrush is showing again, Steph.  Melina Marchetta, Veronica Rossi and Jay Kristoff

Stephanie Sinclair: Down, girl crush. Down!  Yes, Marchetta definitely!  And also Marissa Meyer is a new fav of mine.

Kat Kennedy: Marissa Meyer, Rachel Hartman, Claire Legrand

Stephanie Sinclair:  Claire Legrand, is amazing!

Kat Kennedy: Leigh Bardugo, Rick Lipman, Elizabeth May... there are too many!

Stephanie Sinclair:  Yes, Yes, Yes! What she said!

If you could turn one book or series into films, what would you pick and who would you cast as the main characters?

Kat Kennedy: That's a hard one.  Think Christine is trying to trip us up?

Stephanie Sinclair:  I think she is. How do we possibly choose?

Kat Kennedy: Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

Stephanie Sinclair:  YES

Kat Kennedy: I think Elle Fanning would do that part well

Stephanie Sinclair:  I'd also love to see either The Pendragon series by D. J. MacHale or Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta.

Kat Kennedy: The Lumatere series - that one will break my heart

Stephanie Sinclair:  "Be prepared for the worst, my love, for it lives next door to the best."   weeps

Kat Kennedy:  Oh god…

Stephanie Sinclair:  I have no idea who could play their roles, but they'd have to be kickass

Kat Kennedy: Seriously, seriously amazing actors ONLY

Stephanie Sinclair:  I picture a young Charlize Theron for Isaboe.  Imagine her staring at you, saying that line. chills

What are you reading right now?

Stephanie Sinclair: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer and Prodigy by Marie Lu.  Kat is not reading anything, but she stares at pages.

Kat Kennedy:  I'm reading Crewel!  Kind of.  Or I will be shortly.

Stephanie Sinclair:  And how long have you been kind of reading Crewel? <-- That's supposed to be in my Edward Cullen voice.

Kat Kennedy: Shut it before I send Buffy after you!

Stephanie Sinclair:  NoooooOOOOOoooo...

Paper books or ebooks?

Stephanie Sinclair: Ebooks because my kids are feral and like to tear shit up

Kat Kennedy: ebooks.  To the future!

Stephanie Sinclair:  and beyond?

Kat Kennedy: No.  Only if we're going to infinity

Stephanie Sinclair:  Oh, that's right. Infinity is on Tuesday's not Wednesdays.

Which would be your favorite place to read? Curled up on a cold day in front of a fireplace, in front of a window on a lovely overcast rainy day or outside on a hammock on a warm summer’s day?

Stephanie Sinclair: Kat?  Curl up with me by the fire place?  Bring your books, darling! I'll bring the snacks!

Kat Kennedy: Nice!  Sounds like a date!  And yes, same for me!

Milk chocolate, white chocolate or dark chocolate?

Stephanie Sinclair:We have to pick?!

Kat Kennedy: Dark chocolate.  White chocolate is the devil.

Stephanie Sinclair:  gasp  Who are you?

Kat Kennedy:  Oh my god, have we finally discovered something you DON'T know about me?

Stephanie Sinclair:  Somehow, even with you living in my brain, you've managed to hide this very important thing from me. #wounded

Kat Kennedy: Hate it.  I will take milk chocolate but I prefer Dark

Stephanie Sinclair:  I'm just kidding. I don't care for white chocolate either. 

Kat Kennedy: IT'S NOT REAL CHOCOLATE!

Coffee or hot tea?

Stephanie Sinclair: Tea all the way. I can't stand coffee, though, I could always use caffeine in my life.

Kat Kennedy: Tea too

Stephanie Sinclair:  OMG, soulmates!

Kat Kennedy: Like we didn't know THAT already

Would you like to give any other details about yourself? How can others find you around the web? Such as Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, etc...

Blog: http://www.cuddlebuggery.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cuddlebuggery-Book-Blog/310469449012258
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Cuddlebuggery
Formspring: http://www.formspring.me/Cuddlebuggery
Tumblr: http://www.cuddlebuggery.tumblr.com/

Goodreads
Kat: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/3270188-kat-kennedy
Stephanie: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4642710-stephanie-sinclair

3 comments:

  1. Perfect! Love you both so much! Though you suck for being tea lovers. Not that I hate tea. But I choose coffee any day. What is wrong with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee tastes like the earth. LOL. I love you too!

      Delete
  2. Hahaha xD Must be one of the funniest interviews I've ever read. You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )