Tuesday 16 October 2012

Sneak Peek: Iced: A Dani O'Malley Novel


The year is 1 AWC—After the Wall Crash. The Fae are free and hunting us. It’s a war zone out there, and no two days are alike. I’m Dani O’Malley, the chaos-filled streets of Dublin are my home, and there’s no place I’d rather be.

Dani “Mega” O’Malley plays by her own set of rules—and in a world overrun by Dark Fae, her biggest rule is: Do what it takes to survive. Possessing rare talents and the all-powerful Sword of Light, Dani is more than equipped for the task. In fact, she’s one of the rare humans who can defend themselves against the Unseelie. But now, amid the pandemonium, her greatest gifts have turned into serious liabilities.

Dani’s ex–best friend, MacKayla Lane, wants her dead, the terrifying Unseelie princes have put a price on her head, and Inspector Jayne, the head of the police force, is after her sword and will stop at nothing to get it. What’s more, people are being mysteriously frozen to death all over the city, encased on the spot in sub-zero, icy tableaux.

When Dublin’s most seductive nightclub gets blanketed in hoarfrost, Dani finds herself at the mercy of Ryodan, the club’s ruthless, immortal owner. He needs her quick wit and exceptional skill to figure out what’s freezing Fae and humans dead in their tracks—and Ryodan will do anything to ensure her compliance.

Dodging bullets, fangs, and fists, Dani must strike treacherous bargains and make desperate alliances to save her beloved Dublin—before everything and everyone in it gets iced.

Title: Iced: A Dani O'Malley Novel (Fever ~ Book 6)
Author: Karen Marie Moning
Publication Date: October 30 2012
Publisher: Delacorte Press
ISBN: 0385344406
Length: 353 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US / Amazon UK

There is absolutely no way that I can put into words how excited I am about the release of Iced.  I have been on countdown for quite a while...  Officially we are now at 13 days away.

Oh. My. Goodness!! 

I was blown away with the first five books in the Fever series and was so depressed when I reached the page of Shadowfever which read 'The End'... that is until I clicked the page over one last time and saw the words 'For Now...'   I was excited to think that there would be more someday.  Then I saw the announcement that there would be a spin-off trilogy which focused on Dani.  I was so excited!  I will admit that my main love of the Fever series is because of Jericho Barrons *swoon*.  I know that he is not going to be a large part of this trilogy but even just seeing his name on the page again will be exciting... Oooohhh how I love Barrons!!

Now... if you have read any of the Fever books you will know that they do not shy away from sex.  These are not Young Adult books and have never been marketed as such.  However, with Dani being 14 years old a lot of questions have been thrown out there about her having sex at such a young age, Karen has said the following on her Facebook page.

Guys, ICED is NOT Young Adult. Dani ages during the next three books of the Fever Series. Yes, there's sex. I like writing about sex. I always write about sex.  No, 14-year old Dani doesn't have sex. Other people do. I promise you all the magic you've come to expect from the Fever World.  I don't write YA. This series isn't YA. 
Please spread the word so my inbox will calm down :)

So there you go... that answers a little bit about what we can expect.  And without further ado please find the links to the Prologue and first 27 pages of Iced below.  Enjoy!



Also, if you haven't read this series yet I strongly suggest you do.
They are simply amazing and I could not give them a high enough praise!!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this sneak peek post. Very helpful! After I read the preview, I was like, "Wait, is this YA?!?". Glad to hear that it's not.

    Tamara @ Shelf Addiciton
    shelfaddiction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think it would be a bit too risky to be classed as YA. KMM does not shy away from the adult themes.

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )