Wednesday 27 February 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #17



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This is a perfect way to highlight books that we are waiting patiently to be released... it is also a sure-fire way to watch your TBR pile grow!


In the heart of Italy, Harvard professor of symbology Robert Langdon is drawn into a harrowing world centered on one of history’s most enduring and mysterious literary masterpieces . . . Dante’s Inferno.

Against this backdrop, Langdon battles a chilling adversary and grapples with an ingenious riddle that pulls him into a landscape of classic art, secret passageways, and futuristic science. Drawing from Dante’s dark epic poem, Langdon races to find answers and decide whom to trust . . . before the world is irrevocably altered.

Expected Publication: May 14 2013
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads

Why am I so eagerly awaiting this release you ask?

Where have I been that I was unaware that there was a new Dan Brown book coming out in 2013?  And to make it even more exciting it is a continuation of the Robert Langdon series. 

Dan Brown's writing is in a word... spectacular.  The research that is involved in writing one of his novels must be overwhelming.  I love the action and adventure, along with the history and romance of the places he takes the readers.

I was lucky enough to visit Rome a couple of years ago and I made sure to visit as many of the places mentioned in Angels & Demons as possible.  Then when in Paris I visited a lot of The Da Vinci Code locations.  His writing makes me want to travel, research and learn more about the history of the people and places.  I can see that Inferno is set in Florence and that has long been at the top of my travel list so I can see another trip in my future filled with places talked about in this novel.

Honestly, I am SO excited about this and I can't wait to go on another adventure with Robert Langdon.

What is your Waiting on Wednesday?

Feel free to leave your links below so that I can check them out and if you are a new follower be sure to let me know!

5 comments:

  1. Yes!! I so can't wait for this one! I absolutely love Dan Brown's books, and was so excited to hear there'll be a new one :) And set in ITALY, be still my heart. I hope it'll be better than The Lost Symbol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to read Dan Brown on a plane once. Not the best idea I've had since I haven't revisited the book since :$ But great choice!

    Ellen @ Elle-Osophy
    My WOW post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Read one of his books for a class some years ago. It was all right, just really not my kind of read. Hope you enjoy it though!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my pick today too. Can't wait for this one!
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm standing up to confess I've never read a Dan Brown book. I may be the only person in America to admit to this.

    I'm a new follower.

    My WoW "Waiting On" Wednesday (#1) Midnight Frost
    LisaILJ @ "I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )