Sunday 24 March 2013

Book Blogger Spotlight: Paperback Princess


My name’s Angelica, the data-typer behind Paperback Princess. I’m a Filipina blogger living in Sydney, Australia. I’m no longer “young adult” but love YA books. Whilst my blog is predominantly YA it’s not exclusively so. Thank you Christine for having me at Rainy Day Reads, Blogger Spotlight.

When and why did you become a book blogger?

My blog was born in 2008. Initially it was a personal blog with all things that interested me and all the happenings in my life. However, 3/4 of my posts were all book related so I decided to make it solely a book blog.

How did you come up with the name of your blog?

My husband is really good with names and stuff like that and he thought of Paperback Princess. I thought it was fantastic and all my friends thought it was the perfect name as it suited me, they thought it captured the essence of who I am.

What is your favorite thing about blogging?

Interaction with Authors! To me they're like celebrities so when they reply to my emails and communicate with me I feel so special.

What do you find the hardest about blogging?

Scheduling posts. I just didn't think it'd be that hard to keep up with the demand of posts but it is. You really need to be organized to ensure you have your posts up and also have time for the other activities in your life.

Does your blog participate in any weekly features and if so which is your favorite?

My blog has participated in a few features in the past. I'm still in the process of elimination so you may see a meme added or removed here and there until I find the perfect combination for my blog. However, at the moment, I participate in the following weekly features regularly:

Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Feature & Follow Friday hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read
Sunday Post by Kimba the Caffeinated, I also link this post to Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Reviews and In My Mailbox by The Story Siren.

Last but certainly not least is Know Me Better by I Am A Reader, Not A Writer. Weekly, Kathy selects 5 questions (taken from Author Interview Questions) that she personally answers. To participate you answer the same 5 questions on the comments section or a blog post.

I think this meme is fantastic because other participating bloggers and your readers can get to know you a bit better through your answers.

Know Me Better and Top Ten Tuesday are currently my two favorites.

What has been your favorite moment since you became a book blogger? Which review, interview or giveaway have you been most proud of?

My most proudest ones are yet to be published but it's my Author Interviews with Isobelle Carmody, Wendy Higgins and Jessica Spotswood.

Ones that have been published are:-

- My first giveaway here, I gave away a signed copy of Passion by Lauren Kate.

- Rhiannon Hart 2 part interview, part 1 and part 2; and her Australia Day Fun Quiz

- Marianne de Pierres Australia Day Fun Quiz and Author Interview

What kind of genres do you enjoy reading and reviewing the most?

Young Adult (YA) but if I was to be specific within the YA genre I love dystopian and paranormal.

What is your favorite individual book or series? What makes you love it so much?

I don’t really do favorites because there are just so many!!! However, if I must choose, my favorite series would have to be the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer and The Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. My favorite standalone book would have to be On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta.

Who is your favorite fictional male character, why and from what book or series are they from?

James from Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater. I just loved his sarcastic remarks and his overall demeanor. I found myself wishing I had a best friend like him. Another favorite is Edward Cullen from Twilight, just because I wish I had a hubby like him LOL

Who is your favorite fictional female character, why and from what book or series are they from?

Tally Youngblood from the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld - I loved her strength, courage dedication and how she didn’t loose her focus.

Libby from The Cat’s Meow by Stacey Kennedy - I loved how she’s so real, funny and sarcastic and I love her “inner bitch”.

Who are your favorite three authors and why?

Maggie Stiefvater ~ I love her poetical writing, she’s got such a way with words!!!

Melina Marchetta ~ Her stories are always multi-dimensional.

JK Rowling ~ For the creative ingenuity that’s Harry Potter.

If you could turn one book or series into films, what would you pick and who would you cast as the main characters?

I don’t really watch much TV/movies so I’m not really in the know when it comes to actors/actresses so I won’t know who to cast, but if I was to choose a book/series to turn into a movie it’d definitely be The Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. It’s got all the makings of a great movie/series...awesome plot, twists and turns and the concept is fresh.

What books are you most looking forward to in 2013?

Divergent 3 by Veronica Roth
Sever by Lauren De Stefano
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter
Splintered by AG Howard

Paper books or ebooks?

Paperbooks - preferably hard back.

Where is your favorite place to read?

At a quiet secluded beach.

Milk chocolate, white chocolate or dark chocolate?

Milk chocolate

Coffee, hot tea or hot chocolate?

Hot chocolate

Would you like to give any other details about yourself? How can others find you around the web? Such as Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, etc...

Blog: http://princess-paperback.blogspot.com.au
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PBack_Princess
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Paperback.Princess?ref=hl
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/PaperbackPrincess
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/PbackPrincess

I have also recently become the sole organizer of YA Blogosphere, a directory listing for all YA-related blogs, if your interested in listing your blog at YA Blogosphere, pls email me on yablogosphere@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. I love this blog, it's SO PRETTY!!! The name and the design are just perfect!! Cool interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Christine for having me!

    This is a fantastic feature. I was contemplating a similar feature, I thought I was so original, that was until I started seeing quite a lot of similar features, yours is by far my favourite!

    I had such a blast participating and answering your questions, it was very thought provoking as I had great difficulty choosing "favourites".

    Thank you for featuring me and my blog!
    Angelica @ Paperback Princess
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )