Sunday 9 June 2013

Book Blogger Spotlight: Angie's Dreamy Reads


My name is Angie McKeon, I live in Florida but was born in South Africa and moved to the US when I was 14. I love to eat, read and buy books....lol. I’m very passionate about getting people to read.

When and why did you become a book blogger?

I became a book blogger in January. I always wanted to do it before but wasn’t sure if people would really care what I thought...lol. One day I just decided to go for it and Angie’s Dreamy Reads was born.

How did you come up with the name of your blog?

Honestly....lol. My daughter helped me come up with it. I knew I wanted Angie and Reads in there and she came up with the dreamy part. I thought it was cute.

What is your favorite thing about blogging?

Feedback from other readers. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE hearing from other readers and seeing if they felt the same about a book as I did. I mean at the end of the day that’s all I am is a reader with a big mouth that loves to chat books.

What do you find the hardest about blogging?

I think for me the hardest time is keeping up with review requests. I want to read EVERYTHING but it’s just not possible. I do have 3 kids and a husband that need some attention...lol. So definitely trying to get to everything and everyone can be a little stressful.

Does your blog participate in any weekly features and if so which is your favorite?

I currently do NOT....But I am planning one that should begin in a month or so :)

What has been your favorite moment since you became a book blogger? Which review, interview or giveaway have you been most proud of?

Gosh....That’s a hard one. I think my favorite moment was when J.Kennar shared on her Facebook page that my review made her happy...lol. I’m a HUGE fan of her series so that definitely brightened my day.

What kind of genres do you enjoy reading and reviewing the most?

Contemporary romance..I just LOVE it. I also love PNR and Erotica.

What is your favorite individual book or series? What makes you love it so much?

Oh man....My all time favorite? I really think that would be the Thoughtless Series by S.C Stephens. I literally breathed that series into me when I read it. It changed the way I read and what I look for in books. Kellan was one of the first book boyfriends that I became obsessive over and I don’t think there was a better series that that one.

Who is your favorite fictional male character, why and from what book or series are they from?

Kellan Kyle. He’s hot, sweet but carries a balance of bad boy and good boy perfectly. Not to mention how much he loves Kiera.

Who is your favorite fictional female character, why and from what book or series are they from?

Rose from Vampire Academy. That girls is kickas*. I remember being so completely in thralled with her. She is definitely #1 for me.

Who are your favorite three authors and why?

S.C Stephens ~ Obviously because she wrote the best series EVER.

Samantha Towle ~ She was one of the first indies I read. I remember when I read her PNR series that I thought...HOLY MOLY this is so much better than some of the traditionally published books I had been reading. She really started my love of indies, along with S.C Stephen.

Gail McHugh ~ She is my new addiction and her writing has taken over my heart. She writes with such a poetic tone that I can’t EVER get enough. Her characters are just brilliant and the way she brings them to life are really beyond words. I am a HUGE fan girl.

If you could turn one book or series into films, what would you pick and who would you cast as the main characters?

No..No...No...LOL. I hate movies. I don’t like to see my favorite books turned into them because the probability that I will watch is slim to none.

What has been your favorite book of 2013? Why did you love it?

Real by Katy Evans. OH MY GOD. Remy...swoon. I think it’s the only book that has made me obsessive over fictional character this year. Definitely a book that consumed me and left me DYING for more.

What books are you most looking forward to in 2013?

Right now I can’t wait for Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover (love Holder) and Pulse by Gail McHugh (swoon Gavin Blake) and also Wethering The Storm (yummy Jake).

Paper books or ebooks?

eBooks...but I LOVE a paperback

Where is your favorite place to read?

In bed....lol.

Milk chocolate, white chocolate or dark chocolate?

Mmmm...milk chocolate

Coffee, hot tea or hot chocolate?

Coffee all day long! It's my favorite thing!

Would you like to give any other details about yourself? How can others find you around the web? Such as Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, etc...

Blog: http://www.angiesdreamyreads.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Angie_McKeon
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AngiesDreamyReads
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/AngiesDreamyReads
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/angiesdr

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )