Thursday 13 June 2013

Review: Entwined with You


From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn’t resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside–so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.

No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I’d been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.

Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession…

Title: Entwined with You (Crossfire ~ Book 3)
Author: Sylvia Day | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website
Publication Date: June 4 2013
Publisher: Berkley
Length: 368 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US | Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: Love the green with the black, love the luggage tags.  Again, they mean something to the story.  Next to each other they really are quite striking.
Point of View: 1st person, following Eva

My Rating: 5 Stars

“If souls could be mated with wishes, ours would be inextricably entwined.”

Wow.  Now this was more like it.  I can not even begin to explain how much I absolutely loved this instalment.  It was by far my favorite of the series.

“Angel, a crowd of millions couldn’t hide you from me. I found you once. I’ll always find you.”

You remember my reviews for Bared to You and Reflected in You?  Remember my hatred for Eva?  Well, we are still not BFFs but I think we are well and truly on our way to some form of a friendship.  Don't get me wrong, she still made some pretty stupid mistakes, and there were moments I still wanted to slap her.  But going from plotting a way to murder a fictional character, to only wanting to slap her a few times?  This is major progress, my friends.

“There wasn't a second that passed when you weren't on my mind.  You own me, Eva.  Wherever I am, whatever I'm doing, I belong to you.”

I simply loved Gideon in Entwined with You, I mean of course I loved him before but I feel it is he that has helped Eva grow up so much.  When she would start one of her little hissy fits, or when she is trying to pick a fight from nothing, he would stop her.  He would ask her to explain her feelings so that they could figure out what set her off.  This meant they were able to communicate, and lets be honest, that has always been their major issue.  They can have sex, that's for sure... but to sit down and talk?  I really felt they made some major strides in their relationship here.

“Honestly, Gideon Cross had been designed to fuck a woman right out of her mind.” 

And holy cow are the sex scenes H.O.T.  We all know that Gideon and Eva has had more sex in the last six months than most people have a in a year, if not more.  And they have always been able to keep things interesting.  Well, there is no change now.  These are some of the hottest scenes I have ever read.

Now, before I get up on my soapbox, I want to quickly add that there is no relationship cliffhanger in Entwined with You.  Gideon and Eva are actually in a great place, so there is nothing to worry about there.  I felt the ending to be in a location, and I am sure book four will be picking up exactly where this one left off. 

“Gideon was an untamed animal behind closed doors, a lover who bared me to the soul every time he made love to me.”

Okay, on to the controversy surrounding this series.  The Crossfire series was originally planned as a trilogy.  However, not too long ago, Sylvia Day announced that it was now going to be a five book series.  There was a lot of rumbling, but it wasn't until Entwined with You released that the crap hit the fan.

There are 1 star reviews coming in left, right and center.  Most simply complaining that the series is no longer a trilogy, it is a money making scheme, yadda, yadda, yadda.  I just want to throw my two cents in, because hey, this is my review and I get to say what I want.

Why are people so rude?  Most of these reviews are flat out attacks on the author, and I do not agree with cyber bullying.  Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but a review left for a product should do just that... review the product.  Read the book, review the book.  If you didn't like the book, fair enough.  Attacking the author because you don't want five books?  Why don't you just not read the rest of the books then? Simple.  And how exactly is this a money making scheme?  If this series would have ended at three books, and she got picked up for another series.  Do we not think that everybody would be reading that series also?  Of course they would.  I don't see how extending a series would make any more money than by starting a new series, that everybody would still read because of her being the author.

Let's be honest here, there is not a huge time span crossed in this series.  Have Eva and Gideon even been together six months by the end of this book?  There are so many emotional scars between the pair of them, not to mention all of the external mess they are dealing with... I think I would have been more upset if it had only been three books.  It would have been completely unrealistic to have it all wrapped up with a pretty bow in that short of a time period.

And I never felt the story in Entwined with You drag, I felt everything was progressing nicely.  I'll say it again... this was the best in the series in my opinion, by far.  There was actually growth and movement forward.  So if the next two books in the Crossfire series are this well written, I can easily say I can't wait for them.  It was Gideon alone that made me want to continue after I read Bared to You, now it is the series as a whole that I am excited about reading.

“I look at you, angel, and I want you so badly.  I want to be with you, listen to you, talk to you.  I want to hear you laugh and hold you when you cry.  I want to sit next to you, breathe the same air, share the same life.  I want to wake up to you like this every day forever.  I want you.”

MORE QUOTES FROM ENTWINED WITH YOU

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I’ve still yet to read the second book. I just felt like the book is to soap operaish for me. Also, I thought this is the last one, but there are 2 more? Why? I would’ve read this if this were the last book, but it feels like the author is trying to drag out the story and milk it for all its worth.

    Arnel Sweizz (Seattle Divorce Lawyers)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )