Saturday 27 July 2013

Review: Lick


Waking up in Vegas was never meant to be like this.

Evelyn Thomas's plans for celebrating her twenty-first birthday in Las Vegas were big. Huge. But she sure as hell never meant to wake up on the bathroom floor with a hangover to rival the black plague, a very attractive half-naked tattooed man, and a diamond on her finger large enough to scare King Kong. Now if she could just remember how it all happened.

One thing is for certain, being married to rock and roll's favourite son is sure to be a wild ride.

Title: Lick (Stage Dive ~ Book 1)
Author: Kylie Scott | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website
Publication Date: July 01 2013
Publisher: Momentum
Length: 286 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US | Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: Not really how I picture David.
Point of View: 1st person, following Evelyn

My Rating: 5 Stars

“It’s not fair that I remember and you don’t, Evelyn.”

LOVE.  I am in love with Evelyn and David.  Lick has the perfect blend of absolutely everything.  There is fun, steam, drama, some more steam, and it is all filled with some very loveable characters.  I have a feeling I am going to use the word 'love' a lot in this review, so please just bear with me.

“Love isn’t always smooth or straightforward. It can be messy and painful … Doesn’t mean it isn’t still the most incredible thing that can ever happen to you.”

Everything that happened in Lick, made sense to me.  Do you know how refreshing it is to say that?  Is everything smooth and perfect? Absolutely not, but the drama that does happen makes sense and it is believable.  Both characters have their flaws, and both have amazing attributes.

“But I married you, Evelyn, because you made sense to me.  We make sense.  We're a whole lot better together than apart.”

Evelyn was smart.  Her choices were smart and she was believable.  I would like to think that if I were thrown into the same situation that I would handle it all as well as she did.  I really liked her.

David was completely amazing.  I have seen a couple reviews where it was said that he was a bit 'too' sweet to be a rock star.  What?  Is there some unspoken rule that says all rock stars have to be jerks?  I loved David's attitude and you will never hear me say he is too sweet.  He is amazing.  In fact my only complaint about Lick is that I would have loved this to be in dual perspective.  I want more David, and would have loved to be in his head a little.

“His hands cupped my face, holding me to him.  The kiss was so sweet and perfect.  It was a promise, one that wouldn't be broken this time.  We'd both learned from our mistakes and we'd keep learning all our lives.”

Lick is the first book in the Stage Dive series.  You don't have to worry about there being a cliffhanger though, because there is beautifully written ending.  I can only assume that this means that the other books in the series will focus on different characters, probably the other band members.  I haven't seen proof of this anywhere, but it's what I'm guessing.  Although, with that said, I would still love to have more of Evelyn and David's story.  I don't want their happy ever after messed with, but I love them both to bits and wouldn't say no to there being more of them in the future.

“Can you feel what we’re doing here?  We’re building something.”

MORE QUOTES FROM LICK

1 comment:

  1. I've had my eye on this and your is the second rave review I've seen. Love the premise and glad you found it fun and steamy! Plus, who can resist a sexy rock star?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )