Sunday 4 August 2013

Book Blogger Spotlight: That Artsy Girl's Book Blog


Hi, I am Nazia and I am an engineering student from India. I love reading, writing, sketching and listening to loud rock music and I detest anything to do with engineering. I hope you guys aren't too hard on me for any grammatical errors I might make because English is not my native language. :)

When and why did you become a book blogger?

I started my blog a little over a month ago - May 15, 2013 to be exact. I've always loved reading books and after seeing how much fun the other book bloggers seemed to be having, I wanted in too. :) It's been amazing so far and I just hope I can keep doing this.

How did you come up with the name of your blog?

It's actually not a very interesting story. A girl in my class once called me "that artsy girl" because I'm always sitting around sketching or reading a book. It sort of stuck with me and a few of my friends started calling me that too - The Artsy Girl. So, it seemed natural that my blog would be named That Artsy Girl's Book Blog.

What is your favorite thing about blogging?

The best part of blogging is sharing my love for books with others. Where I come from, I don't meet many people who are as obsessed with books as me. So, it was really amazing to find that I'm not the only book-crazy person out there.

What do you find the hardest about blogging?

When I started my blog, I was on vacation and it was quite easy for me to post something every other day. But now that I'm back in college, it is really difficult to balance lab reports and project presentations with blog posts. But blogging is way more interesting than any of my college work, so I don't mind spending hours on my blog everyday.

Does your blog participate in any weekly features and if so which is your favorite?

Since my blog is newish, I've not participated in any weekly features yet. But I've seen some fun features on the blogosphere like Waiting on Wednesday, Stacking The Shelves etc. so, I'm sure you can see some regular feature posts on my blog pretty soon.

What has been your favorite moment since you became a book blogger? Which review, interview or giveaway have you been most proud of?

Ah, let's see. My proudest blogging moment is actually the very first time an author contacted me and asked me to review her book. When I received that particular email, I jumped around my room for an entire five minutes. Embarrassing, I know. Here's the link to the review of the book I'm talking about, Phantasma by Penelope Reece.

What kind of genres do you enjoy reading and reviewing the most?

My favorite genres are Fantasy, YA Paranormal and YA Contemporary but I also occasionally read New Adult, Science Fiction, Mysteries and Thrillers. I don't review erotica on my blog, but I do read it once in a while when I'm not feeling my best. There is just something about a mindless, steamy read that makes you feel instantly better, isn't it?

What is your favorite individual book or series? What makes you love it so much?

My favorite series is Harry Potter especially because it is what started my love for magical books. If not for Harry Potter, I would probably still be reading smutty Mills & Boon and Harlequin type books. Harry Potter saved my life. No. Seriously.

Who is your favorite fictional male character, why and from what book or series are they from?

It is a tie between Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss and Archer from Hex Hall. I love both of them equally.

Who is your favorite fictional female character, why and from what book or series are they from?

Again, it is a tie between Anna from Anna and the French Kiss and Sophie from Hex Hall. I guess you can say AATFK and HH are two of my fav books.

Who are your favorite three authors and why?

In no particular order: J. K. Rowling for allowing me to get lost in the wonderful world she had created. Rachel Hawkins for capturing perfectly the adorably snarky voice of Sophie Mercer. Susan Ee for restoring my faith in good YA fiction.

If you could turn one book or series into films, what would you pick and who would you cast as the main characters?

Actually, it's already been optioned for a movie but I would love to see Angelfall as a movie. As for the cast, it would be superawesome if Henry Cavill could play Raffe and Ellen Page could play Penryn. I know that is kind of an odd pairing but I actually think they would look good together.

What has been your favorite book of 2013? Why did you love it?

My favorite book so far in 2013 has been Angelfall by Susan Ee. I went into the book with absolutely no expectations because I'm not a big fan of angel books (*meaningful glare at Hush, Hush*) but this one absolutely rocked my socks off. I mean, if you haven't read this, you should. Like, immediately. Because this book is intense, raw and absolutely wonderful. The best thing about this book is that Penryn is such a kick-ass heroine. She is not one of those I-need-a-guy-to-protect-me types. She is awesome.

What books are you most looking forward to in 2013?

The book I'm just dying to get my greedy hands on is World After, the sequel to Angelfall by Susan Ee. After how Angelfall ended, I really can't imagine how Raffe and Penryn could get their happily-ever-after, but I have faith in Ms. Ee. I'm sure she'll write an equally, if not more, amazing sequel.

Paper books or ebooks?

I read mostly ebooks nowadays, but whenever I can, I buy a "real" book because nothing can beat feeling the pages in between your fingers. Don't you agree?

Where is your favorite place to read?

I'm kind of a couch potato, so yeah, couch. :)

Milk chocolate, white chocolate or dark chocolate?

Dark chocolate.

Coffee, hot tea or hot chocolate?

Coffee all the way.

Would you like to give any other details about yourself? How can others find you around the web? Such as Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, etc...

Blog: http://thatartsygirlsbookblog.wordpress.com
Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7698789
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ThatArtsyGirl92
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/That-Artsy-Girls-Book-Blog/563343327043497?ref=hl
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/ThatArtsyGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )