Thursday 1 August 2013

Review: In Flight


When reserved flight attendant Bianca gets one look at billionaire hotel owner James Cavendish, she loses all of her hard-won composure. For a girl who can easily juggle a tray of champagne flutes at 35,000 feet in three inch heels, she finds herself shockingly weak-kneed from their first encounter. The normally unruffled Bianca can't seem to look away from his electrifying turquoise gaze. They hold a challenge, and a promise, that she finds impossible to resist, and she is a girl who is used to saying no and meaning it.

Bianca is accustomed to dealing with supermodels and movie stars in her job as a first class flight attendant, but James Cavendish puts them all to shame in the looks department. If only it were just his looks that she found so irresistible about the intimidating man, Bianca could have ignored his attentions. But what tempts her like never before is the dominant pull he seems to have over her from the moment they meet, and the promise of pleasure, and pain, that she reads in his eyes.

Title: In Flight (Up in the Air ~ Book 1)
Author: R.K. Lilley | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website
Publication Date: October 20 2012
Publisher: Self-Published
Length: 263 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US | Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: Simple, but perfect. 
Point of View: 1st person, following Bianca

My Rating: 5 Stars

Honestly, can there be too many book about rich, sexy, kinky and hot as hell billionaires?  No?  Oh how right you are.  I am so in love with the Up in the Air series.  I will say this right now... Christian Grey will also hold a place in my heart.  The Fifty Shades series was the first set of books of it's kind that I had read, for that he will also be a top book boyfriend of mine.  But holy hades... James Cavendish sure does give him a run for his money.  He is absolutely a-ma-zing.

“I want you to feel what I’m feeling, Bianca.  I want you to feel this uncontrollable need.  I can’t stand the thought that you’re indifferent to me.”

Bianca.  I actually really like Bianca.  This is truly saying something for me.  I love these types of books but the heroine always finds a way for me to dislike them.  They are all the same... Ana, Ava, Eva... I had problems with them all.  Now I am not saying that Bianca is perfect, but she is the smartest one of the bunch that's for sure.  I loved that she is a flight attendant.  This added a whole new dynamic to the story.  I loved when she was at work, meeting the other flight attendants, a few of the passengers, and I loved it when James is on the same flight as her.

“Please, call me James,” he chided me.  He leaned in closer, speaking directly into my ear.  “In private, though, you may call me Mr. Cavendish.”

James Cavendish aka Mr. Beautiful.  *sigh*  What can I even say?  He is an Alpha Dominant who can just as easily melt your heart.  I love how honest James is with Bianca.  He never lies to her.  He knows that she isn't always going to like his answers but when she asks him a question, he is honest.  This is rare for this type of character.  It's not that he is forthcoming with information, but like I said when asked he never lies.

I also love how accepting he is of Bianca's life.  This isn't to say that he wouldn't welcome her to quit her job tomorrow so that she can be by his side 24/7, but for the most part he is supportive.  Bianca also paints, and I loved his reaction to her paintings.  You could tell how much he truly loved her paintings.

And my favorite thing about James?  His relationship with Stephan.

“I knew I had a problem.  I was starting to like that kinky rich bastard.”

Stephan.  He is Bianca's best friend.  They have both had a pretty crap start to their lives, and somehow managed to find each other.  There is no blood relation, but I don't even think they could be closer if they were in fact brother and sister.  They love each other without question, and they accept the others choices.  They support each other in all activities and are there for each other if things go bad.

In short... Stephan is the bomb.  He has got to be the best book BFF, ever.  I adore him.  And the relationship between James and Stephan is something special.  I completely assumed at the start that one would be jealous of the other, and that their dislike of each other would be one of the hurdles of Biana and James being together.  I could not have been more wrong.  They have a mutual respect for each other, and they work together to ensure that Bianca is happy and safe.  James feels he is in debt to Stephan for how he protected her when they were growing up, and Stephan loves that James has brought Bianca out of her shell and that she seems to be happier that she ever has been before.  Honestly, I could go on and on.  I can only hope that these two continue with their 'bro'mance because I really do love them both.

“It was hard to remember that we weren't supposed to feel anything for each other when he looked at me like I was more important than the next breath.”

oooOOOooohhh... and I have to give a little shout out to the chapter titles.  They are a play on Bianca always calling James, Mr. Beautiful.  You can get an idea of what James' mood is going to be with the chapter title.  Mr. Charming, Mr. Stalker, Mr. Mercurial, etc... They were cute and fun. 

The Up in the Air series is a trilogy.  I would classify In Flight as having a cliffhanger, but the good news is that all three books have been published.  So there is no need to wait, you can start them right away.  Book two is Mile High.  I am excited to see Bianca and James continue their romance, and to see what happens next.  I am sure that there will still be plenty of heart stopping moments, kinky sex, and sweet romance.  I can't wait...

MORE QUOTES FROM IN FLIGHT

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the movie. I loved the books. I should agree these are the best written books.
    Fifty Shades Movie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review!!!
    Thank you so much for the wonderful book! I finished it a few days ago and cannot get it out of my head. It is pure magic. It was everything I hoped it would be and much more. ...
    the movie fifty shades

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )